Autumn /Winter is one of my favorite seasons of the year 🙂 Snuggling in the thick comforter with a piping hot mug of coffee, eating peanut brittle AH! just splendid. It is also one of those months where one enjoys dressing up in layers and wearing dark and deep lipsticks. We easily tend to gravitate towards shades of berry, maroon, deep reds and purples.
I have compiled some of my favorite lip products that I have been using in this cold season. Without further ado let’s jump in to my list 🙂
- JORDANA TWIST AND SHINE BALM IN 03 TROPICAL FRENZY
I know this is not the conventional deep shade that I was talking about before, but we all have our favorites and they should be a bit different…No? Well to start of, this is a cool toned pink which looks very pretty on the lips. I have included this in my list because in winters the daytime is quite sunny and I for one don’t fancy rocking a bold lip in the daytime. But that is totally my opinion and choice. And one should always follow what one likes 🙂 My reasons for liking this Balm Stain are:
- I love the color PINK.
- Secondly this is a very pretty pink and looks nice on the lips.
- For the daytime it is perfect.
- It stays on the lips for a good 5 to 6 hours.
- It stains the lips even after you have eaten food and drank water.
- Very moisturizing and non-drying formula.
2. JORDANA TWIST AND SHINE BALM IN 06 CRANBERRY CRUSH
The Jordana Twist and Shine Balm Stain in Cranberry Crush is a beautiful berry shade leaning towards purple and red undertones. It glides on smoothly on the lips without tugging and is perfect for these winter months. My liking for this particular shade is because:
- The berry shade of this Balm stain is super gorgeous.
- Long wearing.
- Moisturizing on the lips.
- Budget friendly.
- Leaves behind a very healthy stain on the lips.
You can purchase these Balm Stains from their website http://www.jordanacosmetics.pk these retail for Rs. 740/-
3. RIMMEL APOCALIPS LIP LACQUER 501 STELLAR
Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in the shade Stellar is a rich coral color with undertones of orange and red. It is a bright in your face color also leaning towards NEON. But I gravitate towards this color because it screams vibrancy. Winter months can at times be depressing too and this is one bright and vibrant color which make screams pick me up.
- Very opaque.
- Perfect doe shaped applicator.
- Long wearing.
- Doesn’t dry out the lips.
- Leaves behind a pretty stain.
4. MM MAKEUP LIP VARNISH IN DAHLIA
The name Dahlia is Oh so Hollywood and that is only the beginning of my immense liking for this particular shade by MMMakeup (Massarat Misbah Makeup). This particular shade is maroonish and glossy. I particularly like its formulation which is just right for winters.
- Maroon in color.
- Applies very smoothly.
- Is not gloppy or tacky at all.
- Extremely Moisturizing.
- Doesn’t bunch up on the lips.
5. ARTDECO LIP LACQUER 35
I reserved this shade for the last as to me this is the best amongst all of the above shades. This is the PERFECT shade for fall. It is a heady blend of dark maroon and deep brown. It is simply stunning.
- Full coverage.
- Creamy texture.
- Glossy Finish.
- Long wearing.
- Not gloppy or tacky.
So these are my Favorite Lip products for Fall. What are yours? Do you like mine? Do share with me your likes and dislikes:) I love hearing from you all.
🙂 🙂 🙂