Surfing through YouTube, the type of videos I like to watch are GRWM that is Get Ready With Me 🙂 Hauls etc. The idea of what goes into a person’s getting ready ritual, from the clothes, to the makeup, to the final touches, always intrigues and excites me. What products they use to achieve that flawless face of makeup is always very thrilling to me. So much so that I quickly scroll down in the information bar to go over the products used for the created look 😉
Anyways, I am sure by now you would know what my post will be all about today. I am trying to attempt a GRWM, BUT in a blog post. I did not know how to go about it, as the thought of doing this post was a spur of the moment idea. So, I do request you all to bear with me and also let me know if you like this type of posts. I do plan to do a proper picture tutorial next time.
Hope you enjoy!!
As summers have descended upon us karachiites with no mercy and we are all dreading the long, hot, humid summers already, I wanted to go for a soft, blended minimal look. But minimal look doesn’t necessary means minimum makeup 🙂 Though I tried to keep my steps to a minimum.
As my brushes were not clean enough, I couldn’t take their pictures. But next time I shall include pictures of my brushes too 🙂
- For foundation, concealer and under eye baking I went in with Real Techniques expert face brush and a damp beauty blender.
- For bronzing I used a large bronzing brush by Essence Cosmetics.
- For blush application I used my Kryolan angled blush brush.
- For Contour I used Real Technique contour brush.
- For setting my powder under the eyes, reverse contour I used a random store-bought brush.
- For my Highlight I used the Morphe M438 and Kryolan fan brush.
- For eyes I used the Morphe M511 to apply color and blending in the crease.
- For corner of eyes and brow bone highlight I used the Kryolan number 6 brush.
- For my lids I used the Kryolan flat shader brush.
STEPS and PRODUCTS USED
I started off with prepping my skin. Skin prep is VERY important to make the makeup go on smoothly and looking fabulous. I did a proper skin prep/care routine a day before. So my skin was already in good condition.
- I first prepped my eyes by using The BodyShop Pomegranate firming and refreshing eye roll on. I then went in with The Olay Total Effects 7 in One day moisturiser in SPF15. Day events/meetings call for SPF. Never skip SPF girls.
2. For priming my lips I applied the Luscious Cosmetics Hydrating Lip Primer specially if I shall apply a liquid lipstick.
3. For under eye color correcting I usually go in with The Magicosmetix magic orange cream concealer corrector. I blend it in with my ring finger.
4. After five minutes or so I apply face primers. I use two different primers. For my T-Zone where I have natural reserves of oil and pores 😉 I use Maybelline Baby Skin instant pore eraser. It is a pretty good primer that instantly blurs my pores. For the rest of my face, I take a little bit of the ARTDECO Skin Perfecting makeup base primer. I let the primers sink into my skin properly before any further product application.
5. My foundation routine is pretty much the same for the last few months or so. I like to mix my current favorite foundation by Massarat Misbah, the MM Silk Foundation in the shade beige mixed with the Supergoop everyday sunscreen plus a few drops of the Benefit Moonbeam highlighter. After mixing them up I apply it to my face and work it in my skin with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. After that I go in with my damp beauty blender IF I need further blending OR if I need to sheer out the foundation.
6. I use two concealers. For directly under my eyes application I use the NARS Radiant creamy concealer in the shade custard. For my forehead, chin, cupids bow and nose highlight I use the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in the shade light. Sometimes I also put this concealer right below my under eye concealer IF I want to further bring light to that area.
7. After I apply all my base products I like to mist my face with the MAC Prep and Prime Fix Plus. I simply love this product. It is great for giving makeup a soft focus and glow-y effect.
8. I let the MAC Fix plus dry down and then go in with my bronzer The Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer in the shade medium. If I am going in for a low-key/ casual look, I usually skip contouring OR I contour with my bronzer. For that purpose I sometimes also use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette.
9. For setting my concealers in place, I used the banana powder in the ABH palette and the Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder.
10. My current favorite blush The MM Powder Blush in the shade Ballet Glow is what I used on my cheeks. It is a beautiful pink-y coral blush with specks of golden shimmer in it.
11. I used two highlights. For a lit from within look I always turn to The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. I like to apply it to the top of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, forehead, cupids bow and also a little bit under my eyes. I also like to highlight my brow bone and corner of my eyes with the Hourglass palette. For my second highlight, I used the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlight -01 ONLY on the tops of my cheek.
12. For eyes as it was a casual look I only primed my lids with the NARS radiant creamy concealer. I then set it with the setting powder in the ABH Contour Palette. For my crease I mixed the two contour shades, the deep and light, again from the ABH Contour palette and applied it to my crease. For my lid I took a flat brush and took the Dim Light which is a cool/taupe-y shimmery shade from the Ambient Lighting palette and dusted all over the lid.
For lining my upper lash line I used the Rimmel London Eye pencil in the shade Chianti. For my water line I used Essence Cosmetics Eye pencil in the shade white, and for my lower lash line I used the Eye pencil Iced Mocha, the name of the brand has written off so can’t tell 😦
13. I used an Eye lash curler to curl my lashes. Then I went in with the Touch Of Sol Stretchex Mascara, both on the upper and lower lashes. For Eyebrows I used the Essence make me brow Eye Gel.
14. I lined my lips with the Essence Cosmetics Lip liner in shade 02. For my liquid Lipstick I used TheBalm Cosmetics Meet Matte Hughes in the shade Committed ❤
15. I set my Makeup with the Urban Decay de-slick makeup setting spray and the MAC Fix plus.
16. My perfume choice for the day was Dolce&Gabbana The One and my hair mist was Victor&Rolf Flower Bomb.
17. My nail color was Essence Cosmetics The Gel nail color in the shade 13 Forgive me. I topped the nail color with Sweet Touch of England’s Top Coat.
Here are some of my pictures from that day in different lighting.
So there you have it, my whole look in a written form. Next time, I will try to include some pictures for better understanding.
Let me know in the comments section how you like this post? What more would you like to see? Should I include pictures with steps? Would you like to read more such posts? Let me know, I am open to suggestions and ideas 🙂
Until next time
MAHA ❤ ❤ ❤