If you have been reading my blog for sometime now, you would know exactly how much I love The Body Shop products, especially their skin-care lines. So, when about a year ago, they launched their different face masks, I couldn’t contain my excitement and quickly grabbed two masks that grabbed my fancy. Though I wanted to grab all the masks that were launched, but I thought better not to jump the gun 🙂 I shall be discussing The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask in this post.
THE BODY SHOP HIMALAYAN CHARCOAL PURIFYING GLOW MASK
This mask is inspired by Ayurvedic traditions, our tingling mud mask contains powerful Bamboo charcoal, active exfoliating green tea leaves and potent Tea Tree oil which continue to purify the skin and give it a new lease of life.
The mask comes in a tinted brown jar with a twist off black cap. To secure the mask, another white plastic lid is present on opening the jar. The jar comes packaged in a grey cardboard box. The packaging is pretty secure and spill proof. The quality of the glass jar is also good and not cheap.
- Bamboo charcoal from the Himalayan foothills, famous for drawing out impurities and excess oils from the skin.
- Green tea leaves from Japan, antioxidant rich and an effective skin exfoliater.
- Community Trade Tea Tree oil from Kenya, effective for a clear skin complexion.
75 ml 3.0 OZ (86 g)
AVAILABILITY and COST
These masks can be purchased from the official Bodyshop site and in Pakistan these are available in all Body Shop outlets. Retail price is PKRs. 4200/ each and in U.S.A it retails for $28 each.
This 100% Vegan mask is free of parabens, silicone, mineral oils and paraffins. This is a powerful exfoliating mud mask. Packed with bamboo charcoal, green tea leaves and tea tree oil, the mask helps to refine and un-clog pores whilst revealing a glowing and clear skin.
The texture of the mask is perfect for application on the skin, not too runny or too thick. Ideally the mask should be applied with a brush for an even application on the skin and not to contaminate the mask by dipping fingers again and again. Also it is best to do a patch test first. This mask is ideal for oily to combination and acne prone skin. For very sensitive and dry skin it is best to avoid this mask. The color of the mask is grey though it changes color on drying down. I usually apply the mask with a brush on a clean face. It is best to avoid the eye and lip area whilst the mask application.
On the skin the mask feels cooling and tingly BUT not uncomfortable. I like the feeling. The mask starts drying instantly. It takes anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes for the mask to completely dry. When the mask dries it is best to first dampen the skin and then using circular motions wash off the mask. One can even use a muslin or a wash cloth for this purpose.
This exfoliates the skin and frees it from dead skin cells which aids in making the skin look more glow-y. The pores are clean, skin is soft and smooth. It’s best to apply a facial toner followed by a light moisturizer or a serum to replenish the skin further.
Some key points that I incorporate while using this mask.
- Firstly, I have noticed after a shower if I use this mask, it performs even better. As the pores are open, the mask sinks in better and does a great job of un-clogging the pores.
- Secondly, try using a nose strip after this mask, I kid you not whenever I have used this mask and a nose strip afterwards, all my blackheads or lets say dirty gunk comes out easily. Try it, you’ll love the results. Though I don’t do this weekly.
- Thirdly, this mask is an excellent skin prep before an event. The makeup goes on like a dream and stays put beautifully 🙂
- Fourthly, this mask is an excellent decongestant for my skin. How so? Whenever my skin looks dull, textured and basically meh, I turn to this mask. Also if I have had to do lots of full makeup on a regular basis, I pick this mask up to revive my skin and it always delivers.
If you have dull, textured, clogged and tired skin this mask is for you. Provided your skin isn’t too sensitive. I LOVE ❤ this mask. This is an excellent at home facial 😉 Ever since I got it, I haven’t been able to put it down. Frankly I would even go on to say that it is a close dupe to the Glamglow SuperMud Clearing treatment. The TBS mask is more cheaper compared to the Glamglow one and they both pretty much do the same thing.
So I am completely sold to this genius. Try it and let me know how this mask fared for you?
Till next time
MAHA ❤ ❤ ❤